Bloody poop after being dewormed a week later

M0ndexM0mma

Chirping
8 Years
May 27, 2015
Daytona Florida
I am having a problem with my frizzle rooster. Had worms very lethargic and thin. Dewormed with safe guard. seemed to recover. Also de wormed whole flock....was round worm found one round worm. Yesterday found him hiding again and separated him. Had running watery stool and bloody. I immediately started on corrid. No more blood but still watery. I started giving him plain pedialite in his water. He is still extremely thin .my question is can he still have worms if so can I give another dose of deworming while on corrid. I am afraid of dehydration. Help. What more can I do. I gave him chicken and cooked rice. He has everything and anything available to eat. 5 grain scratch, meal worms, even gave him some medicated chick feed I had. I force fed him some corrid in some apple sauce. Mixed some of his water in the apple sauce with syringe. Made it thicker so he doesn't aspirated. Now what do I do.

Blood in the stool usually indicates inflammation in the intestinal lining, and that can develop into bacterial infection that should be treated with an oral antibiotic.

You may safely worm at the same time you treat with Corid. But be sure it's been at least seven days since you wormed the first time.

Call around to Tractor Supply and locate an oral antibiotic.

Blood in the stool usually indicates inflammation in the intestinal lining, and that can develop into bacterial infection that should be treated with an oral antibiotic.

You may safely worm at the same time you treat with Corid. But be sure it's been at least seven days since you wormed the first time.

Call around to Tractor Supply and locate an oral antibiotic.
Thank you so much. It has been 7 days. Glad I can deworm. Can the watery stools be from worms still? I did give a dose of Tylan 50 as well just as a precaution this morning. I was thinking e coli infection. Will wait another day to see. The blood has been eliminated but stools still watery.

Is he drinking alot of water? If so, it's due to the heat and will cause watery diarrhea. Give him plain boiled white rice to eat and nothing else for a couple of days.
In the meantime, you can purchase Avian Super Pack to get him back to normal. Dosage is 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of water.
https://www.jefferspet.com/avian-super-pack-100g/p?idsku=97274&msclkid=74bca4c5854d1323fafac667e7823cfa&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NX_NTM_Shopping_Smart_All Products&utm_term=4583451677085423&utm_content=All Products
Is he drinking alot of water? If so, it's due to the heat and will cause watery diarrhea. Give him plain boiled white rice to eat and nothing else for a couple of days.
In the meantime, you can purchase Avian Super Pack to get him back to normal. Dosage is 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of water.
https://www.jefferspet.com/avian-super-pack-100g/p?idsku=97274&msclkid=74bca4c5854d1323fafac667e7823cfa&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NX_NTM_Shopping_Smart_All Products&utm_term=4583451677085423&utm_content=All Products
Sadly he died today. Something was really wrong with him he had no muscle mass or fat. I really thought he was going to make it last week. But he took a turn for the worse. I tried everything. He was too far gone.

Thank you so much. It has been 7 days. Glad I can deworm. Can the watery stools be from worms still? I did give a dose of Tylan 50 as well just as a precaution this morning. I was thinking e coli infection. Will wait another day to see. The blood has been eliminated but stools still watery.
Sadly he died today. I did my best. Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom