Bloody Stool

Dalluge56

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 2, 2017
I have 7, 9 week old chicks that have bloody stool. I saw one yesterday and separated her right away and gave her treated water with Corid. This morning there is bloody stool in the coop. so I know others are sick as well. I started treating their water yesterday as well just as a precaution but I am wondering if there is anything else I can do? There is bloody stool all within their run and it isn't exactly like i can get in there and clean it out because it's small and on grass. Any suggestions, greatly appreciated!

I have 7, 9 week old chicks that have bloody stool. I saw one yesterday and separated her right away and gave her treated water with Corid. This morning there is bloody stool in the coop. so I know others are sick as well. I started treating their water yesterday as well just as a precaution but I am wondering if there is anything else I can do? There is bloody stool all within their run and it isn't exactly like i can get in there and clean it out because it's small and on grass. Any suggestions, greatly appreciated!
Can you post photos of the poop?

I would treat all the chicks. What dosage are you giving?

You may also give a few drops of undiltued Corid orally twice a day to the sickest chick. No need to separate the chick unless it is being trampled. Treat all chicks. Try to remove any droppings, add clean bedding, and keep everything as dry as possible. Raise waterers to shoulder height so they cannot poop in them. Corid dosage is 10 ml (2 tsp) of the liquid or 1 1/2 tsp of the powder per gallon of water, changed daily, for 5-7 days.

Here are two pics. One is where the separated chick is and the other is in the coop. I gave them 9.5 cc of corid in 1 gallon of water. They are all pretty active and seem to be eating and drinking fine. They are all going into the coop a lot during the day I noticed.
IMG-0302.JPG
IMG-0303.JPG

Here are two pics. One is where the separated chick is and the other is in the coop. I gave them 9.5 cc of corid in 1 gallon of water. They are all pretty active and seem to be eating and drinking fine. They are all going into the coop a lot during the day I noticed. View attachment 1739551 View attachment 1739552
It's good that they are eating/drinking well.
I think I would also give them a drench for a few days in addition to the mixed Corid water.
Dosing instructions for the drench are found here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/corid-oral-drench-instructions.1211991/

Back
Top Bottom