Blown out eggs!

Good idea there Chicks n Horses
smile.png

And I'm with Mrs. Glassman, I don't know what that is either!

Oh, and I just decided to fill this one with plaster o' paris instead of just using a thin layer. Worked pretty good
smile.png
Now I just need to mass produce these little suckers and maybe I could sell a few
tongue.png
Even a little bit of money or change is a little bit more than I had before, haha.

Here, I have one. It isn't as pretty as one other I made once (no pic of it) but this one my youngest DD and I made up a couple weeks ago.......then....she decided to make some of her own for a surprise and uhmm, murdered a plant of mine trying to stuff it into egg shells LOL not to mention the mess of yolks on the porch!

003-6.jpg

Last edited:
I have asthma and blowing out the eggs is not an option for me. Here is how I get the egg out of mine.

1. Draw a circle on the big end of the egg ( I trace a penny on goose eggs).
2. Find a screw that the threads go as far down the tip as possible.
3. Make small mark with the screw so you have some way of holding it on the egg without sliding. Do this on the edge of the circle but make sure it is in the circle.
4. With a drill, slowly screw the screw into the egg.
5. Remove the screw manually.
6. With eye and some kind of mask to keep from breathing the eggshell dust. I remove the circle with the metal grinding tip of my dremel. (Eggshell dust is supposed to be toxic if breathed or got into the eyes.)
7. I then stick a metal skewer down in the hole and kind of puncture the egg yolk and stir up the white.
8. Next, I shake out the insides. About half way done, I restir the insides, place my thumb over the hole and give the egg a good shake. And then finish shaking out the insides.
9. I put a little hot water in the egg, shake it around and then shake it out.
10. I spray some bleach water in the egg, shake and roll it around, add more water and then shake it out.
11. I smell the egg to make sure I removed as much bleach as possible, if it smells like bleach too much, I add more water and repeat step 9 until it doesn't have too strong or any at all.
12. Microwave the egg 30 seconds (for a goose egg). I stand back away from the microwave and keep all kids away too. I have never had one explode or anything but you can't be too careful.
13. With a kitchen towel folded in half length ways, I take the egg out and set it on a small plate to cool.

I either leave them hollow or fill them. Here are a few suggestions for filling eggs. Careful with plaster of paris as it heats up before it hardens and can crack the egg.
http://lujs.tripod.com/FillingEgg.html

Back
Top Bottom