Pullets?
#4)

Roo?

Best guesses right this second:
1)cockerel
2)pullet
3)maybe pullet
4)cockerel

Honestly, just guesses. 5 weeks is right on the edge of when I like to sex wyandottes (after 6 weeks is usually most reliable) and the red light makes it really hard to judge the actual color of the combs and wattles. If you can take some photos in natural lighting that would help a lot.

Chick #1) I'm thinking Roo

Chick #2) I'm unsure

Chick #3) looks like a roo but smaller and quite

I definitely agree with @StarMeKritten . I thought my chicks were roosters because of my red heat lamp, but once I got out into natural light I could start to tell that I might have hens..
celebrate.gif

(pale colored combs, and only small wattle development) .My chicks are 5 weeks old and out of the brooder, but I'm still not 100% sure about gender, but out of 6 of the chicks I'm thinking I have either 1 or 2 roosters.

-ftfarmer22

The last pics are in the natural light. I might only have one puller out of four! I sure hope not
1f630.png

Unfortunately, it does still look like you've got 3 cockerels. Not only are their combs and wattles starting to turn red, but they've also got some boyish bleed through on their wings.

When I had BLRWs, the girls would feather in with fairly even lacing and the boys would get those red patches.

If you look through the photos in my profile, theres probably still some pictures of them in there.

Back
Top Bottom