Blue Australorp vs Black Australorp Personality?

zimileih

Songster
Mar 28, 2021
I was wondering on if anyone has experience with blue australorp personalities. I adore black australorps but wasn't sure if the blues focused more on color than personality. I'd love to hear yalls opinion on blue australorp behavior.

Since I handled my blue Australorps more than my black ones, the blues are more personable and will allow me to pet them.

The blacks are very quiet. One of my two blues is my noisiest bird. She's not loud, but quite chatty. When I clean the poop board, she's there, talking to me the whole time.

Since I handled my blue Australorps more than my black ones, the blues are more personable and will allow me to pet them.

The blacks are very quiet. One of my two blues is my noisiest bird. She's not loud, but quite chatty. When I clean the poop board, she's there, talking to me the whole time.
Good to know! My dominant black australorp is Very Loud and the other is quiet but both are talkative. My local feed store has some blue chicks so I'm thinking about getting some tomorrow :)

I was wondering on if anyone has experience with blue australorp personalities. I adore black australorps but wasn't sure if the blues focused more on color than personality. I'd love to hear yalls opinion on blue australorp behavior.
Mine is great with people but she brutalizes the rest of my flock and is violent and aggressive to other hens and im constantly playing goalie against her to protect my other birds. But she is an egg laying machine so culling her isn’t an option. I just keep and eye and separate if she is being extra mean.

Back
Top Bottom