Blue Laced Red Wyandotte: Boy or girl?

Gardenalex

Chirping
Sep 24, 2015
Hello,
i am a new member and I would likely knew your opinion.
I read here for a while before I start trying to get a member here (some technical problems kept me away being a member here). But now i made it.
big_smile.png

I have seen here a lot of wonderful pictures, especially from the Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. I have the opportunity to get some really cute chicks.
The owner told me that they were BLRW, but I am a little worried if they really are. Beside of the problem what sex they are.

I know that some of you are really good sexing Wyandottes, which can be very difficult to sex, even when they are young. And mine (ok, not mine at the moment, but they will hopefully be mine)
love.gif
are very young. They are just a little over a week old.

I would be thankful for your slightest hints.
yesss.gif

Alexandra

Last edited:
Hello,
i am a new member and I would likely knew your opinion.
I read here for a while before I start trying to get a member here (some technical problems kept me away being a member here). But now i made it.
big_smile.png

I have seen here a lot of wonderful pictures, especially from the Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. I have the opportunity to get some really cute chicks.
The owner told me that they were BLRW, but I am a little worried if they really are. Beside of the problem what sex they are.

I know that some of you are really good sexing Wyandottes, which can be very difficult to sex, even when they are young. And mine (ok, not mine at the moment, but they will hopefully be mine)
love.gif
are very young. They are just a little over a week old.

I would be thankful for your slightest hints.
yesss.gif

Alexandra

These are my wyandottes right after they hatched they are 41/2 months old now and they are all pullets. 3 splash and 2 blue. The only way an expert can sex chicks is to vent sex day olds. You wont be able to sex them until about 8 to 12 weeks and even then blrw are difficult.

This is a recent one.

This is a glw male.

The one in front is the glw male.

Thanks for your reply.
goodpost.gif

I know about vent sexing, but i would never try this, because I do not want to hurt them in any way.

I have taken a long look at them today, and I was thinking that perhaps #4 is a male. The chick is huger than the rest, but as i feather sexed them they seem to be female for me. What makes me think that this chick is male is the head shape either. Can this be an indicator? The head shape? I am so totally unsure...
What I am not sure either is, if their feet might give me a hint at this early age. Looking at their feet, maybe #4 and #5 could be males. But I am just guessing.

So you are right. I have to be patient. But that is very hard.

I have taken them with me, and will report from time to time how they survived me.
big_smile.png

What I can say: in comparison to the first chicks I had in April, they are so different. They are just sweet, calm, and not noisy. They are just sweetly singing, and not jumping around the whole night.

A little update from me.
Here we are some time later.

Still my smallest.

P.S. "I was out today, and not willing to wash my feet."
Beside of that it is very slow feathering, the slowest of all. But I am not concerned, cause I know that must me no hint what gender it is.

My biggest of the four chicks, and the one who started to feather first.

Any ideas? Is someone "screaming" cockerel?

Back
Top Bottom