Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Gender - 3 weeks

RooPapa

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2017
Hi again - more chicks from our recent hatching. These are all BLRW (I think, basing on the rose comb)

Chick #1 - Love the color on this one but I think it's a boy as the comb is pink already.

Chick #2 - This guy/gal has a wonky beak. Not sure what happened.

Chick #3 - Looks identical to the last to me.

Chick #4 - Again, looks the same to me.

As with the Easter Eggers, it may be too young to tell OR the last three are all Hens as we do have one other BLRW I posted yesterday that it is obviously male, so as they are different it inclines me to think they are ladies.

Thanks again to everyone. :)

Hi again - more chicks from our recent hatching. These are all BLRW (I think, basing on the rose comb)

Chick #1 - Love the color on this one but I think it's a boy as the comb is pink already.

Chick #2 - This guy/gal has a wonky beak. Not sure what happened.

Chick #3 - Looks identical to the last to me.

Chick #4 - Again, looks the same to me.

As with the Easter Eggers, it may be too young to tell OR the last three are all Hens as we do have one other BLRW I posted yesterday that it is obviously male, so as they are different it inclines me to think they are ladies.

Thanks again to everyone. :)

Yes, the first one is a cockerel.

The second one is a hen but I would have it treated for cross-beak right-away. Chicks and chickens can die from it because they can't get food easily and some other things. I'm not too experienced with cross-beak so I would search how to treat it here on BYC.

The last two I'm really not sure but they look pullets.

Yes, the first one is a cockerel. 

The second one is a hen but I would have it treated for cross-beak right-away. Chicks and chickens can die from it because they can't get food easily and some other things. I'm not too experienced with cross-beak so I would search how to treat it here on BYC. 

The last two I'm really not sure but they look pullets.

Thank you for the tip on cross beak. We just noticed it in the last few days. I read up on it and it looks like you clip the top a bit at a time like a dog/сat claw. Will try to give it a go...

This chick us 3 months old. Roo or pullet?

Back
Top Bottom