Blue laced red wyandotte growth!!

I have two BLRW pullets that looked like chick 1 as fluff balls, the really light colors, ant they are both obviously splashes. I had hoped for a blue but they are still pretty.
some pics at various ages...

Great pics
big_smile.png

At the moment I am on day 10. Can not wait showing you some pics of my new babies.
wee.gif

Great pics! BLRW's are sooo pretty. I've got 5 that just hatched yesterday, 1 is a splash. Not sure about the other 4, they're my first BLRW's so I'm not very good at guessing color just yet lol. Hopefully a couple blue and a couple black.

Thanks and congrats! I just sold three as a roo, 2 and 4 just crowed, sorry Dee, im guessing 1 will be crowing tomorrow! That leaves me with four very different color Roos to pick from, Gah how hard is that. 2 black hens and 3 splash hens, guess I'll have to wait till next year to get my blues.

Thanks and congrats! I just sold three as a roo, 2 and 4 just crowed, sorry Dee, im guessing 1 will be crowing tomorrow! That leaves me with four very different color Roos to pick from, Gah how hard is that. 2 black hens and 3 splash hens, guess I'll have to wait till next year to get my blues.
Wow!!! I wouldn't want to have to make that choice! IMO, they are all so beautiful and all for different reasons. AND I don't even know their personalities, I'm just going by pictures!! Thank you for this thread, I have learned (reconfirmed) so much just experiencing this with you. Like when watching comb or wattle growth, I think if either or both are showing cockerel, it's likely a cockerel. Also, that the "little/no tail means roo" idea doesn't hold water at ALL (not in your case or mine this time! My no tail/slow feather growth chick is clearly a hen...). I hope many others land on this thread! Later today, I will get a pic of "no longer Bucky, now Beatrice" at 11 weeks to post for others for informational purposes! I maintain as always, such a hard breed to sex early!! Best to you, new2dotties!!

That's so much! I'll post updated pics of 1,2 and 4 as they change more so everyone can see the adult colors they get, but for now... Everyone meet Barbara! Hehe love her!

This chick has the biggest nose and for some reason the biggest personality to go with it!

Here is an updated shot of Beatrice, formerly known as Bucky. lol. I was so sure she was a cockerel. No tail until late, very slow feather development, comb was pink from the get go as were the wattles. She was a few weeks when they grew and reddened to the size they are now, but they stopped right there and that is that. She is now 12 weeks old.

That is just crazy! This ridiculous breed drives me crazy haha! I love her she's beautiful. I'm glad she ended up a hen.

That is just crazy! This ridiculous breed drives me crazy haha! I love her she's beautiful. I'm glad she ended up a hen.
I know!! I'm glad she's a hen, too. Although I wasn't getting rid of her if she was a roo because her personality is so agreeable. lol She was so blue at the start, with a red head and stripe, very blue in the legs and throughout the back. It surprised me she turned so white! Anxious to see what she lands on as far as coloring. They change so many times throughout!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom