Blue laced red wyandotte growth!!

Chick 4 either black or dark blue. Still too early to know. I had 2 blacks Roo's last year and it took forever to tell that they were actually black. I would love a black pullet, just didn't need anymore Roo's!!!

A horrible pic but here they are getting bigger! Hanging out while I clean the coop.

Also to add, a lot of comments have reassured me that chick three and chick four are most likely blue not black! That's very cool!

Last edited:
So here are some wattle pics.. I know I know!! They are almost three weeks old. Go ahead and say it!! They all look like Roos!! BUT I REFUSE TO SAY IT YET!! Gah, what do you think?? I will say out of the barred rocks, Rhode Island reds, buff orpington, GLW, and SLW... The BLRW is the toughest to sex!

Chick one

Chick two

Chick three

Chick four

Freaking gorgeous!!! Chick 2 is a stunner!!! Can't help ya on the sexing, I'm struggling here myself, although I think mine is a roo. No tail until late. 5 weeks and small wattles are coming in. Slight pink to the comb. But still, I second guess it!!! :))))

Haha thank you. I know, I'm amazed every time I see chick two, I HAD NO IDEA THEY LOOKED LIKE THAT! all of mine have tails and are fairly even on feather development now. Two is just a little slower but those wattles, mostly on three and four are concerning. Oh well, as I said... Not judging yet hehe!

Back
Top Bottom