Blue or Lavender gen Coronation Sussex roo ?

JinHayabusa

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2022
i don’t have coronation hens, only light sussex. if i mate this big boi with my lights, will i get %50 cor. %50 light ? İ hope he is not lavender gen.

my friend got eggs from outside of city. He got some full white sussex, a lot of coronation roo, hen from eggs. He gave one coronation roo to me

Attachments

• 848B6897-75F7-45BC-896D-06A10417F972.jpeg
    848B6897-75F7-45BC-896D-06A10417F972.jpeg
    521.6 KB · Views: 55
i don’t have coronation hens, only light sussex. if i mate this big boi with my lights, will i get %50 cor. %50 light ? İ hope he is not lavender gen.

my friend got eggs from outside of city. He got some full white sussex, a lot of coronation roo, hen from eggs. He gave one coronation roo to me

I think Coronation Sussex do have the lavender gene.

If you cross a Coronation Sussex rooster to Light Sussex hens, you should get chicks that all look like LIght Sussex but carry the lavender gene. Breeding them to each other, or to a Coronation Sussex, should produce some Coronation Sussex chicks and a bunch of chicks that look like Light Sussex (but most carry the lavender gene.)

But if that rooster has blue, and you breed him to Light Sussex, half of chicks would be like him and half would be Light Sussex like their mothers.

(I do not know whether that rooster has the blue gene or the lavender gene, so I've tried to answer the question both ways.)

I think Coronation Sussex do have the lavender gene.

If you cross a Coronation Sussex rooster to Light Sussex hens, you should get chicks that all look like LIght Sussex but carry the lavender gene. Breeding them to each other, or to a Coronation Sussex, should produce some Coronation Sussex chicks and a bunch of chicks that look like Light Sussex (but most carry the lavender gene.)

But if that rooster has blue, and you breed him to Light Sussex, half of chicks would be like him and half would be Light Sussex like their mothers.

(I do not know whether that rooster has the blue gene or the lavender gene, so I've tried to answer the question both ways.)
İ learned now 😃 he gave me some Coronations in first gen
Blue Coronation Sussex

Attachments

• 6BAB0802-DEE5-493E-8B02-D0DB8E3BF8B3.jpeg
    6BAB0802-DEE5-493E-8B02-D0DB8E3BF8B3.jpeg
    857.9 KB · Views: 19

Back
Top Bottom