Lavender Sussex CROSS Coronation Sussex

First pic Orp, second Sussex. Original Orpington looking bigger and floffy than lavender ones

Attachments

• BACBD674-BCDD-43C4-8858-B4FE2DDBF93A.jpeg
    BACBD674-BCDD-43C4-8858-B4FE2DDBF93A.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 8
  • A5DE48BC-A953-486E-8717-6C390742DA17.jpeg
    A5DE48BC-A953-486E-8717-6C390742DA17.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 8
First pic Orp, second Sussex. Original Orpington looking bigger and floffy than lavender ones
Yes, that’s because most lavender Orpingtons are hatchery quality. If they were “real” Orpingtons they would be bigger and fluffier, but since they’re usually hatchery quality, they are probably smaller than your Sussex.

I'm confused, isn't lavender and self-blue the same thing? And I thought coronation was lavender/ self blue. Did I read something wrong?
Yes they are samething. Americans using "self blue" word. Australians using "Lavender". Lavender sussex and Coronation sussex both carry 2 lav gene. But i don't know why lavender sussex have full body coloured

Also, United kingdom breeding Coronation sussexs with Blue gene

I'm confused, isn't lavender and self-blue the same thing? And I thought coronation was lavender/ self blue. Did I read something wrong?
I don’t like the term “self blue” because it could mean either lavender or blue without any lacing. Genetic accuracy could save people a lot of trouble, and I feel like they should change “self blue” to lavender in the Standard.

I completely agree with that.
I don’t like the term “self blue” because it could mean either lavender or blue without any lacing. Genetic accuracy could save people a lot of trouble, and I feel like they should change “self blue” to lavender in the Standard.
I completely agree with that.

Amer can you help me about which gen to select for Lavender Sussex
Do it have Colombia gen, silver gene ?

Maybe i can develop lavender sussex by crossing

Attachments

• 50FC4304-5059-4F8C-B6B6-959796737D41.png
    50FC4304-5059-4F8C-B6B6-959796737D41.png
    206.8 KB · Views: 6
  • B607FC07-4792-4858-8BDB-BEDE4D21D7EA.png
    B607FC07-4792-4858-8BDB-BEDE4D21D7EA.png
    248.5 KB · Views: 7
Amer can you help me about which gen to select for Lavender Sussex
Do it have Colombia gen, silver gene ?

Maybe i can develop lavender sussex by crossing
Lavender Sussex have extended black, lavender, and probably some kind of melanizer. I’m not sure if they have the silver gene.

1-Hello guys i can’t find right genes at Chicken Calculator,
i m thinking to breed Lavender and coronation sussex(self blue) together.
will it be genetic mess and mixed birds?
2- how can i add new bloods to Lavender Sussex.
i know i can add Light Sussex to Coronations
Hi there!
I live in Oz (NSW) and will have coronation Sussex to trade soon.

Back
Top Bottom