Blue Orpington x Rhode Island cross

Tiffy2783

Hatching
Mar 2, 2020
Just curious on what a blue Orpington Rhode Island cross would look like and would if that cross would be good egg layers. Caught my blue Rooster mounting my Rhode Island Red hen. Just wondering if would be worth letting my hen try to hatch out the eggs she will lay.

I went back to find a picture of Meg and Suede. Meg was flaming red, but with an Orp body. Looking for pics of their progeny.

Attachments

• DCP_8070.JPG
    DCP_8070.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN4790.jpg
    DSCN4790.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 10
I can imagine. :( I miss the birds I had 16 or 17 years ago when my dad threw me out of the house and gave them all away. I'm enjoying all of mine now, but these Orpingtons sure aren't the birds I had before. I've had several health issues and some other heartaches/headaches with them. I hope this year is a productive year for me and them.

Hi Speckledhen, It's been a while and I'm no longer in chickens. However I remembered you quilted and wondered if you sold on Etsy. I know many do. I'm interested in a "Spring" table runner.
Short version of what's been going on. Wife passed two years ago. She did leave a sewing machine but none of my girls sews.
In either case I found a box of crocheted grannies and thought the card in the box was yours. Blueroocreations, but apparently it is not. So I thought I might make a connection here.
Hope all is well, Tim aka Rancher Hicks.

Back
Top Bottom