Blue Poop???

When I was in the chicken run yesterday, I noticed BLUE poop!!! That was the only weird thing about it. Blue. Like, really really blue. Very weird. I didn't see any evidence of worms or diarrhea. They did eat a bunch of kale and red cabbage the day before. Would that do it? It seems like they are all normal now. This ever happen to anyone else?

It's also a dangerous sign that food is not being processed properly. It can mean death to a chicken. It is 95 here with heat index of 105 and I just checked on my gals and saw blue poop. I keep taking ice blocks out to them but they are definitely stressed. I hope I don't lose any. Well, I have a laugh too. After I typed the above, I realized I had given the gals frozen blueberries! So that is why their poop was blue! I've lost hens in the past due to illness/green poop so I was scared when I saw blue poop! It was the blueberries!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Hah hah hah, phew! I thought something sinister may have occurred while we were at work today, but as it seems, the red cabbage the team were chowing on when I left this morning is the culprit. If the birds were a bit off key this evening or had lost a lot of vigour then I would be concerned, but this time it's quite an amusing relief.

When I was in the chicken run yesterday, I noticed BLUE poop!!! That was the only weird thing about it. Blue. Like, really really blue. Very weird. I didn't see any evidence of worms or diarrhea. They did eat a bunch of kale and red cabbage the day before. Would that do it? It seems like they are all normal now. This ever happen to anyone else?
I went out this morning to let me chickens out of the coop and later noticed blue poop😰😰 came here so quick only to find out it had been the purple cabbage I gave them.

Same happened to me! I was so worried that some kind of disease was spreading through our flock - turns out it was the red cabbage I let them peck at all day. :p

Back
Top Bottom