Blue Showgirl x Leghorns

Chikyboy

Bantam Cochin Collector
Oct 14, 2021
Nebraska
Hello, so a friend of mine has a farm where she has a few breeds of chickens, we gave her a blue showgirl silkie with leakage and some white leghorn hens (two to be exact), she has other breeds,of course, but this is the cross I want: Leghorn x showgirl silkie, they should be good broodys, excellent layers,soft (not silkied) feathers,and naked necks. They will carry the h gene, half will be naked neck, half will be feather neck, there dad being a bowtie. There mothers are dominant white, and white dominates blue I believe,so they should all be white with leakage. They should be sex-linked, females being black-skinned, males having light-ish skin, which will probably darken as they get older. Please correct me if I got anything wrong. @MysteryChicken @6BeachChicks @Sapphire Sebright @Silkie Princess@Bakbuk

Last edited:
Hello, so a friend of mine has a farm where she has a few breeds of chickens, we gave her a blue showgirl silkie with leakage and some white leghorn hens (two to be exact), she has other breeds,of course, but this is the cross I want: Leghorn x showgirl silkie, they should be good broodys, excellent layers,soft (not silkied) feathers,and naked necks. They will carry the h gene, half will be naked neck, half will be feather neck, there dad being a bowtie. There mothers are dominant white, and white dominates blue I believe,so they should all be white with leakage. They should be sex-linked, females being black-skinned, males having light-ish skin, which will probably darken as they get older. Please correct me if I got anything wrong. @MysteryChicken @6BeachChicks @Sapphire Sebright @Silkie Princess
Silkie feather mutation is h/h, is that what you meant? The naked neck gene is Na/Na.

For sex linkage for skin color, it has to be Black Skin Rooster over white, or yellow skin hens. The males skin will remain as light.

Hey @MysteryChicken ,you know that other thread I made about the silkie I have which is a blue partridge? The showgirl here is her son, so he carries the partridge gene, so some of his offspring might carry the partridge gene,right?

Hey @MysteryChicken ,you know that other thread I made about the silkie I have which is a blue partridge? The showgirl here is her son, so he carries the partridge gene, so some of his offspring might carry the partridge gene,right?
All silkies carry partridge, unless it was bred out of certain ones.

Most if not all offspring will be partridge, or partridge split.

You got it! One thing to note is that in addition to leakage they will have either blue or black spots because they are paint. Also while pullets and cockerels should be sexlinked in a perfect world he might’ve only have one copy of the fibro gene meaning half the daughters might have light skin. Or they might not.
Anyways good job you got the genetics all right!

You got it! One thing to note is that in addition to leakage they will have either blue or black spots because they are paint. Also while pullets and cockerels should be sexlinked in a perfect world he might’ve only have one copy of the fibro gene meaning half the daughters might have light skin. Or they might not.
Thank you!

I his mom is a pure silkie as far as I know, and his dad is a showgirl mix,and his dad looked fibro in the picture, so he COULD carry two copies, and me living in the city, I can't have roos, but I can have hens, and I like fibro birds, so it is good that the hens have dark skin.

Back
Top Bottom