Bob Blosl is gone

Heritage Large Fowl Thread

A
It is with great sadness that I have to inform everyone that Robert (Bob) Blosl has passed away.  Matt and I have both spoken with his wife Zora who is in total shock and completely devastated as the rest of us are. When I find out more information I will post it as this has just happened in the past couple of hours. I have become very close with Bob and he held a wealth of information and was more than willing to help anyone. He was the best cheerleader that the Rhode Island Reds EVER had. May he continue to cheer them on in Red Heaven.

As someone who is still fairly new to the chicken world, Bob had a wealth of knowledge and I followed his posts with the utmost respect. My prayers go out to his family. Thank you so very much Bob for all your advice.

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear this,
I sent Bob a PM last night about the library of MC Wallace (breeder of Mohawk V) ending up at an antique dealer in Ontario recently.
He responded today and I'll hang onto that PM.

Had a ton of long phone conversations about chickens with him over the last 20 years..
At a loss for words..
We'll be praying for his family.

Tom Tucker
Adams NY

I just got word that Bob had passed this morning & came right here, as I knew the folks on this thread would know without a doubt. Sounds like it is true. There are just no words...he has helped so many folks, myself included. You will not find a more kind-hearted, helpful, giving person. This is a very, very sad day, and a huge loss for the poultry community. My heart is heavy.

My heart goes to Bob's wife, his family and friends. He was a very kind, good hearted gentleman, and loved his beautiful Mohawk RIRs. I will miss him very much, and feel fortunate that I had the pleasure to communicate and get to know him.

Dear Bob, rest in peace in the hands of God.

Lual

It is because of this thread that he started that I got interested in raising standard bred poultry. He opened my eyes to the importance of breeding to the SOP. I will miss him, even though I never actually got to meet him. Bob rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom