Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for the show/finish feed tips. Show Chow is impressive. Blue Seal Fit N Finish is local to me, as is Purina Honor Show Chow. Now I need to decide what to do.
Thanks,
Karen

Last edited:
Love of the breed, or birds, is what keeps you schlepping out into the cold and the rain to check on birds, feeders, and waterers, when you are fairly certain that everything is OK."Fairly certain" is not good enough.....One more check before bed......

I had a wonderful friend for 50 years, who was a severe hemophiliac. His name was Larry T. Shaw, from Georgia. Some of you VERY old timers will remember him, as he showed Hazel Brickey's Cochins , and good Japs for years at the big Atlanta and Dixie Classic shows. This man was totally crippled from bleeding into his joints before the clotting factor was available.. He was an AKC Sight Hound judge, who was highly respected, and bred many top winning Whippets,Ggreyhounds, Iralian Greyhounds, etc, under the name of "Kirklea Kennels". No matter how bad he felt, his animals were always tended to . He swore to me that they kept him alive, as he could not stay in his bed when his animals needed attention. He died at 72 from a massive stroke, and I, along with a few of his friends, saw that his critters were placed as he wished.That's true love for animals. He did not leave a will ,but he did leave a letter saying how his animals were to be cared for.
goodpost.gif

May is laying again!!
ya.gif

Yeah! Checked yesterday and no eggs. Checked today and three eggs! She must have laid 2 last night after I checked and 1 today. Good girl! These girls usually lay 2 eggs the first day they lay. They are on the turner and when I get four more, will go in the Brinsea incubator
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Karen

May is laying again!!
ya.gif

Yeah! Checked yesterday and no eggs. Checked today and three eggs! She must have laid 2 last night after I checked and 1 today. Good girl! These girls usually lay 2 eggs the first day they lay. They are on the turner and when I get four more, will go in the Brinsea incubator
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Karen

woot.gif

Does anyone on here raise or have had experience raising White Jersey Giants? And what are your general thoughts of them?

Does anyone on here raise or have had experience raising White Jersey Giants? And what are your general thoughts of them?
I was JUST speaking with a Black Giant breeder friend yesterday about Whites - he's got some coming from G. Donnelly - supposed to very nice.

There are not a lot of good whites out there; there are a couple of folks on BYC breeding them, but the lines are not very good in my humble opinion. I do have a breeder friend in Oregon who had put together a group of folks to breed the whites...that was last year, not sure how they're doing now.

I think, from a general viewpoint, the whites need lots of work. I'm glad to see there are a few folks comitted to working on them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom