Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign me up!  I want one that cleans windows & washes floors.

I use Twin City Poultry Supply.  Small company, but Victor Hakes, the owner, personally oversees each order and is a gem to work with!  He's got oodles of different types of bands, too.  I most recently purchased locking plastic ones.  They're more permanent than the springy numbered plastic ones that wind around themselves, but can still be cut off with wire nips if need be.

http://www.twincitypoultrysupplies.com/

Me too :D I just have a hard time understanding the size charts.

White Dorking Cock (D). This one has finer features.

White Dorking Cock (A) This one's a bit of a moose.

I thought I'd post a few photos. I'm working at being proficient in picture-posting. It's hard to get a clear idea for Dorkings with the photos available, although I'm not sure that these are a lot of help. They're more than a little rough from six months in the breeding pen. They're solid, well-meated, big birds. Our strain lays rather well, especially Sept/Oct- June. Just about now broodiness starts to run through the pens pretty quickly. Here's a breed that's been around for a long, long time.

Last edited:
Plastic Bandettes - Size 9

9/16" Inside
Numbered spring clip type. Colors: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green, Orange, White. Assorted colors not available.Comes in 25 or 100 count Will fit the following birds: Ducks: Runner, Magpie; Bantams: Brahma, Cochhin, MilleFleur, Silkie; Standards: Female- Ancona, Andalusian, Leghorn; Game birds: Male Ringneck Pheasant, Earred Pheasant

Plastic Bandettes - Size 11

11/16" Inside
Numbered spring clip type. Colors: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green, Orange, White. Assorted colors not available.Comes in 25 or 100 count Will fit the following birds: Bantams: Brahma; Standards: Male- Araucana, Leghorn, Polish, Rock; Game Birds: Peahens

Plastic Bandettes - Size 12
3/4" Inside
Numbered spring clip type. Colors: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green, Orange, White. Assorted colors not available.Comes in 25 or 100 count Will fit the following birds: Ducks: Egyptian, Pekin, Muscovy, Buff; Standards: Australorps, Cochin, Plymouth Rock, Rhode Island; Game Birds: Peacocks, Wild Turkeys.

This may help. Size 11 and 12 are the most popular on large fowl Rocks or Reds. If they are a little loose that's ok you just want them so you can see the birds number and then you can make notes on a note pad about them or if you make videos and watch them on your tv or computer screen you know who he or she is.

Sometimes I have put a White number ten on a leg and a old red band on the other or a colored tie this helps me tell what I am looking at.

I have a old hen who has 99 on her leg for four years. Its nice to see her number knowing she is still around and producing good chicks each year.

Sorry about Kathy's loss. Its a shame she does not post on here anymore. She was a great contributor to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom