Bob white quail thread!!

Jharper

Songster
7 Years
Oct 20, 2012
Tifton, Ga
Anybody with bob whites or bob white mixes are welcome! I have just set 120 bob white quail eggs in my incubator due the 10th of September. If there is already a thread please let me know. It's been about 8 years since I last raised quail. It's such an exciting experience. I used to have pharaoh quail. So have fun with the thread!

Last edited:
I hope your ready for 118 to hatch! Lol, I wasn't quite expecting such a high rate myself and now have too many quail says my wife ( I don't think its too many but...)

I just switched mine to starter/grower from the dumar starter. Its a bit low on the protein say the experts, but all that's available here and lots of quail been raised on it!

I currently own two bobwhites an hoping for more I can't wait for my first hatching eggs, can I get a pic of your coop I'm building one soon and would like a nice reference if you don't mind sharing

I hope your ready for 118 to hatch! Lol, I wasn't quite expecting such a high rate myself and now have too many quail says my wife ( I don't think its too many but...)

I just switched mine to starter/grower from the dumar starter. Its a bit low on the protein say the experts, but all that's available here and lots of quail been raised on it!

Wow! I hope so because we spent $50 on all of those eggs.

I currently own two bobwhites an hoping for more I can't wait for my first hatching eggs, can I get a pic of your coop I'm building one soon and would like a nice reference if you don't mind sharing

Mine? Because I have one that will accommodate about 13 quail and we are working on my old one.

We got them from a local breeder in Ty Ty, GA. They sell them on eBay, but they said that their season was up and we go the last of their eggs.

I've got 30 bobwhite eggs in the incubator now. I ordered a Genesis HovaBator and it came with the eggs. This is my first batch and I'm excited! I should have little peepers next week!

I've got 30 bobwhite eggs in the incubator now. I ordered a Genesis HovaBator and it came with the eggs. This is my first batch and I'm excited! I should have little peepers next week!

Awesome!!!!! Show us some pictures! We are going to candle ours tomorrow!

I currently have about 10 snowflakes as well as my other quail. Only 2 from the hatch are hens a little bad luck but at least 2 so hopefully they winter ok.

Back
Top Bottom