Bobwhite/Coturnix Hybrid Quail

Lol... At Least Ways Not Runnin Off Quickly
smile.png

Give them about 8 hours of light a day, and set them apart for a few weeks. Give them a high protein feed, and some ground up cat food. That got him awful big.

THIS is the info i was asking about the other day...THANKS!
i have 20 of these "Bob-Birds" . i didn't find out till after they were given to me the other day that they were a HYBRID and am kind of bummed out about that since i wanted pures.
Anyway, there are 11 that are looking like Bobwhites, 8 that look like A & Ms and 1 that i have no idea what it will look like when it feathers out.They are currently only 4 days old.
I had wanted them for egg production & just a few for meat but now i've got all these sweet babies that i'm going to have to dispatch or something since it sounds like there's no point in expecting much from them egg -wise.

So does it have to be a bob female to a coturnix male? Why not use a coturnix female to a bob? Would it still work the same way?

I don't think it will work. I have seen a bob mate with a coturnix hen, but I don't have a hybrid. Usually you have to put them by themselves with a lot of roosters for it to work.

Back
Top Bottom