Bobwhite quail

nonk72

In the Brooder
Feb 17, 2016
I'm getting some bobwhite quails. How many males and females can you have together?

Most say 1:1 on Bob whites I've saw it 1:4-5 myself. I'm just getting into quail so it's pretty new to me also

Thanks. I just purchased 5 males and 8 females. He kept them all together. They just started laying eggs. This is my first time trying bob white quail.

I have an egg from my adult GG bobwhites. It has been in the incubator for 30 days. I put it in on April 4 straight from the nest. I had candled it and it was developing well. should I candle it again since it is past the hatch date? or since it went in the incubator straight from the nest will it a more time?

Quail take 23 to 25 days max.If the temp was to low the egg will not hatch. If the temp is to high you will get a early deformed bird. 30 days is way to long just trash the egg. also It doesn't hurt to go straight to the incubator with a fresh egg

We've only had them about a week now they are still all together. About day 4 I noticed one of the female follow me from one side the cage to the other. I've since been able to feed her out my hand and pet her occasionally. Thought that was pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom