bobwhite questions

woogie g3

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 5, 2010
i am planning on hatching some bobwhites in the spring and i have a cage 3.5 fot by4.5 foot with about 2 foot tall....with a next box off the side about how many could go in there comfortably?....and i was planning on putting ratio to 1 male to 1 female is that good?

Quote:
AGREED PAIRS OR TRIOS SEPERATLEY BUT NOT IN A COVEY. 1:2 MAX IN COVEYS IN SOME CASES 1:3 WORKS WELL...NEVER CAN TELL FOR SURE UNTIL YOU GET THERE... THE HENS CAN BE QUITE TESTY WITH EACH OTHER

so is that 1 male to 3 females ? or the other way around. i guess i can divide cage

1 male to 3 females. Trust me aggression is horrible especially in juveniles. If you don't want to divide the pen and have less roosters you could go with coturnix.

thanks for they info
big_smile.png

Quote:
AGREED PAIRS OR TRIOS SEPERATLEY BUT NOT IN A COVEY. 1:2 MAX IN COVEYS IN SOME CASES 1:3 WORKS WELL...NEVER CAN TELL FOR SURE UNTIL YOU GET THERE... THE HENS CAN BE QUITE TESTY WITH EACH OTHER

X2 Meaner then snot at times just like a cat fight LOL, trios are possible you just have to really keep an eye on them

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom