Bobwhite update: sexing them

okay, I will just need to make sure I have one of each in a pen by that time. :)

Feed is:

Blue Sky Multi-Flock
*Chick N Game Starter/Grower: Protein - 22% | Fat - 3.5% | Fiber - 4%
You should have them moved to their respective pens long before the breeding season starts so they can become use to their pen and be comfortable with their new home.
You need to find a complete and balanced feed of 24% protein. 22% protein is a little low for optimum results. Especially, durning the breeding season. Healthier parent birds will have a better chance of producing healthy offspring, more of the needed vitamins and minerals along with higher protein for the developing embryo in the eggs.

Last edited:
Okay that is what our Farm CO-OP had. I will look at the tags the next time I am there. Ill also look at the Tractor supply store (TSC). Do I need to add the vitamins and minerals to the water or will the feed have enough in it?
No, the feed should be adequate if it is complete and balanced. TSC carries feeds that have 24% protein. You can also feed treats of meal worms, pieces of apple, grapes, kale, celery, etc. Limit the treats to only 10% or so of their total diet.

Last edited:
okay, Ill change the feed soon. Oh my I still have a lot left from this bag. Maybe I mix it.

Hubby just looked at birds and he said they all look the same. LOL I told him I know because I can tell the different either. LOL I will be purring them into their own pens, so Ill add individual/group pictures soon. To make sure I have male and female together.

Back
Top Bottom