bonding

dembones

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 9, 2014
I have had my ducks for about 2 mouths. I'm out there most days talking to em and feeding them meal worms out of my hands but that's the only time they want to no me (sad face) just wandering if there's anything else I can do to make a good bond with them. There's 1 male and 2 females

Mine are just over 6 months now and I had them from a couple of days old.
Mine are the same..only really want to know me when I have food but I have started to pick Sybil up every night or any opportunity and talk to her whilst stroking the top of her head.
It relaxes her and she enjoys a cuddle now but that is taken a looong time!

I've had mine since 2 weeks and they are 3 months old now. I can't even get them to eat out of my hands. They give up once I pick them up but I have to corner them to do that. I think to get them to trust you takes a long, long time and even then I think some are more apt than others to be friendly.

Hmm interesting. I would just get up in their space (preferably in a small area) and hang out with them for hours a day. While laying down, and talking sometimes, but leaving them mostly alone, and when the moment feels right, putting food on chests :p

I haven't had this problem before but that's what I would do. Be close together. Associating you with fun helps. Food is a 'cheap' fun but it works

Thanks for the advice think I am going to combine all of the advice given and see how far I get

Back
Top Bottom