Booted bantam?

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
I got this chicks a few months ago, she was marked as a Mille Fleur D’Uccle but clearly was not since we got her… she has very very thin feathers and is definitely a bantam. I was told booted bantam? I can’t tell what she is a mix of still… she’s always had thin feathers, even as a chick she had very little chick fluff. Any ideas and information on her breed? She’s about three months old.

Figured now that she’s older there might be more ideas on what she is
IMG_0251.jpeg
71005543331__F192C30C-D092-46DD-A3EC-CB2C90DD9A6D.jpeg

From what I understand, hatchery quality D'Uccles sometimes lack the beard. So this could be a non-bearded D'Uccle, or as you said, a Sabelpoot
Ahh I haven’t heard of the Sabelpoot. My main concern was that she wouldn’t even be calico colored since she’s still dark with only a white spot or two on her back

Sabelpoot and booted bantam are the same thing, so you kind of have :) ! I wouldn't be too concerned about the color, although admittedly I'm not really good with colors. I believe this one would be considered quail? I could be very wrong on that though

Sabelpoot and booted bantam are the same thing, so you kind of have :) ! I wouldn't be too concerned about the color, although admittedly I'm not really good with colors. I believe this one would be considered quail? I could be very wrong on that though
Oh oops- multi named breed.
Ahhh my search for a calico continues 😂 she’s gorgeous and amazing but still looking for those colors

I’ve never seen a “mille fleur” d’uccle that dark, though she’ll probably get lighter as she ages. Assuming she’s actually a mille fleur d’uccle, which I’m not too sure is the case. However, hatcheries don’t offer quail d’uccles. I would definitely like to see updated pictures of her as she gets older.

I’ve never seen a “mille fleur” d’uccle that dark, though she’ll probably get lighter as she ages. Assuming she’s actually a mille fleur d’uccle, which I’m not too sure is the case. However, hatcheries don’t offer quail d’uccles. I would definitely like to see updated pictures of her as she gets older.
She’s definitely not one- I’m betting she’s part Sebright. I just got a more legit looking Mille Fleur d’Uccle chick today.

She has a few(like four) white tipped feathers on her back though.
She still looks the same as the photos, but if I remember I will update every month

Where did she come from? Hatchery, feed store, backyard breeder? She looks like a D'Uccle mix to me.
Backyard breeder I believe. She came from a store called Chickapalooza who sells local chicks or orders from hatchery’s sometimes so could very easily be sold as something it’s now.
Based off her white tipped feathers she might have a tiny bit of Mille Fleur but she’s definitely more sebright

Back
Top Bottom