Borrowed a Lyon turn-x incubator- anyone know how to use??

mamarama

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 4, 2008
Soldotna, Alaska
Borrowed a turn-x from a friend yesterday. She's had it sitting in a box for a long time and the instructions are missing. She's not sure she remembers all the ins and outs of how to use it, and I can't seem to find the instructions online. I've only incubated once before, a couple of years ago using a completely different incubator, so I'm not familiar enough to just give it a look and figure it out. I know it's a lot to ask, but can anyone help explain it to me?

Thanks!
Breezy

Yes i use one, very easy. set temp at 99.5. bottle the higher you set it(nut adjusts hight) the higher the humdity. Does it have a auto turner? if not you just turn the top so eggs roll.

I just set mine up to hatch some americana blue eggs. (I wish I had some of the real blue egg layers eggs) I found the temp should be 99.5-100 and the wet blub temp should be 84-86 degrees. I can't find the instructions so I assume I can set the temps correctly using the dial at the top for temperature and someone said you can turn the top to increase humidity. At any rate I was disappointed that Lyon didn't offer downloads for lost instructions for this machine. Mine has the number 117 for the model number so I'm thinking it is a Turn X 7. It has an automatic turner and can hold more eggs than I intend to hatch. I have 2 blue egg layers and one was killed by a preditor so I'm hatching some eggs in hopes of raising another blue egg layer. Anyone have any truely blue egg layers that I can purchase some eggs? How hard is it to ship them and then actually be able to hatch them afterward?

Well I finally found instructions on Lyon. They are disguised as a "bulletin" rather than "directions". It takes a bit of surfing through their site to find it. The link above didnt' work for me which is why I kept searching about for the directions. I love this forum!

I'm in the same predicament. This forum is great. I found the directions under "Bullitins." However, it doesn't sufficiently tell you how to set up the rotator box. Can anyone explain it for us non-mechanical engineers??

The black box ie turner motor should have two "L" shaped bolts protruding from it. The leg of the L points up. There are two holes in the plastic base that will set down over the bolts. The wire arm then drops down over one of the turning knobs on the side of the dome. There is adjustment available for different size eggs by changing which hole the wire arm is inserted through on the plastic arm on the turner. Near the end for larger eggs, closer to the pivot point for smaller eggs.

Back
Top Bottom