Bourbon Red X Black Spanish?

Mr Oviraptor

Songster
Dec 9, 2021
My Jake is a Bourbon Red and my Black Spanish is a Hen, Both are free range 24/7 and live like Wild Turkeys, Everynow and then some Wild Turkeys will interact with them but they never leave with them (I think because they were raised with my Chickens), And I just recently put some eggs in the incubator what will the Poults turn out to look like?, Is it a possibility my Hen bred with a Wild Tom instead?, I've never seen my Jake breed her but I've also never seen a Wild Tom breed her

My Jake is a Bourbon Red and my Black Spanish is a Hen, Both are free range 24/7 and live like Wild Turkeys, Everynow and then some Wild Turkeys will interact with them but they never leave with them (I think because they were raised with my Chickens), And I just recently put some eggs in the incubator what will the Poults turn out to look like?, Is it a possibility my Hen bred with a Wild Tom instead?, I've never seen my Jake breed her but I've also never seen a Wild Tom breed her
Pretty hard to say. What the hatcheries are selling as a Black Spanish are a mixed variety that most likely won't breed true which means hidden recessive genes

Bourbon Red (bb rr)

Black (BB RR)

Rusty Black (Bb Rr)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom