Box-up your long-crowers, Town bans whistling and singing:

Oh watch it I always heard " A whistling girl and a crowing hen always come to a no good end "
tongue.png

Honestly I can understand a noise ordinance between 11p and 7a, it's the "...or at any time or place so as to annoy or disturb the quiet" What was the point in specifying those hours and public places when really ANYtime or ANYplace (even your own home) can get you fined.

Also, even the officer they talked to said "If you annoy someone"... that's all it takes, someone deciding that they want to cause you trouble so they tell the operator that Bob sang and he gets slapped with a fine... whether an officer saw/heard a thing. Seems like this is just asking for trouble to me.

Last edited:
So what about outside events and a person sings the national anthem very badly at a game,it would proubly be on video and turned in as evidence....

really??? what is this world coming to. pretty soon it will be illegal to walk outside your own house. you'll have to do it a certain way. why can't they just catch people who are breaking laws that we ALREADY have???

Quote:
IF it was just the 11-7 that'd be okay by me... but they had to add a loophole "...or at any time or place so as to annoy or disturb the quiet" making it possible for a jerky person or very literal officer to abuse it. Take that out and I'm okay with it... add heavy metal on your electric guitar at 3am (which sets off the neighbor's dogs which set off my dogs all of which the guitarist can't hear over their amped up strumming) while they're at it.

Well, I didn't see the text of the ordinance, only a news article about it, so there may well be some limitations/specifications about the any time or place that are more reasonable than implied by the news story.

Back
Top Bottom