Boy or girl?

Thank you chick lover. I don't have any of the roosters anymore. We live in San Diego suburb and had to find homes for all the roosters.

Hi, after some opinions on my black australorp - he/she is 19 weeks old, not crowing, no dominant behaviour but im wondering if you think shes a he? I know her crop and wattle are quite large and red but the roosters we have seen and so much bigger than this again! Lol. Im hoping not because shes soooo friendly and fun and we cant keep roosters!
2639.png
. Thanks everyone.

I'm sorry but I think it's a he:( It's back feathers by it's tail are very pointed for a female. They look more like a roos. Females are not pointed at all usually, or at least not as slender/pointed.

@kathy2016

Last edited:
Hi, after some opinions on my black australorp - he/she is 19 weeks old, not crowing, no dominant behaviour but im wondering if you think shes a he? I know her crop and wattle are quite large and red but the roosters we have seen and so much bigger than this again! Lol. Im hoping not because shes soooo friendly and fun and we cant keep roosters!
2639.png
. Thanks everyone.
You have a cockerel. Cockerels usually begin crowing from 4-5 months, but sometimes it's considerably longer and on rare occasions it may be almost a year before they crow.

Need to see the silkie's comb much better. When I enlarge the photos, looks like it doesn't have a proper walnut comb- so more difficult to decide gender. It looks like a beautiful silkie otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom