Boy or girl?

cmdonatello

Chirping
Jul 2, 2023
Hi, everyone!

I recently hatched chicks at the end of May, and while I know what most of them are there are a couple that I’m having trouble with.

Could you help me determine whether this one is a girl or boy, please? I was thinking girl bc the comb isn’t nearly as developed as my other baby roos, but it has super thick legs and what I think are saddle feathers growing in.

Here are two pics to offer different angles.

Thank you!

IMG_1333.jpeg

IMG_1328.jpeg

Last edited:
It's still a young bird, well be able to tell with accuracy when it's closer to 8 weeks. Don't worry about the saddle feathers, those don't grow in until 12 weeks for most birds. Nothing is pointing towards cockerel right now, but the thick legs are cause enough to keep an eye on this chick. But no need to panic yet!

It's still a young bird, well be able to tell with accuracy when it's closer to 8 weeks. Don't worry about the saddle feathers, those don't grow in until 12 weeks for most birds. Nothing is pointing towards cockerel right now, but the thick legs are cause enough to keep an eye on this chick. But no need to panic yet!
Thanks so much! I appreciate your insight. I’m super new at sexing chickens, but even with all of the research I’ve been doing it’s still so hard for me to tell.

Back
Top Bottom