Scorpiochick

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
Haskell Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Hey all,
Quick questions I have 2 Roos with 19 females. Our main boy red (rhode island red bantam) is picking on my little guy wild thing (fizzle) usually every day lately when eating he sneaks up behind him and gets him right on the tip of him little bum!!! Ripped out his feathers so many times his red little butt is exposed!!! I dont know what to do!! I have a feeling not much as I cant be out there all the time, But Im really worried about him, will hey grow back and he will be fine, ANY advice on this would be very appreciated

If would be best if you divided your birds into two flocks and kept them apart with fencing, or letting them out at different times. Your alpha roo is liable to badly injure or kill your frizzle someday. Meanwhile put some "Blue Kote," on his poor feather pecked bum, to help it heal and keep others from noticing the redness. Chickens go after red and will make him much worse.

You need to separate your roo's asap.. best solution is letting them out at different times because no matter what they are just going to continue this behavior. I recently bought a new sizzle rooster and my other roos ive raised together (a silky and Plymouth) never had any intentions on letting him be apart of their flock. So i have to take about 3 hours creating a barrier between the roos because little did i know they were fighting through the fence in the coop and caused some pretty nasty blood shed grabbing onto each others comb.. i just let the sizzle roo and his hen out with my other hens, & put my other two boys up. They get equal amount of time outside of course!

Hey all,
   Quick questions I have 2 Roos with 19 females. Our main boy red (rhode island red bantam) is picking on my little guy wild thing (fizzle) usually every day lately when eating he sneaks up behind him and gets him right on the tip of him little bum!!! Ripped out his feathers so many times his red little butt is exposed!!! I dont know what to do!! I have a feeling not much as I cant be out there all the time, But Im really worried about him, will hey grow back and he will be fine, ANY advice on this would be very appreciated

Hey,someone who has something in common with me,XD!

You should probably separate your roosters.
Be sure both can see eachother,but cant touch.I doubt that they will kill him,but if he challenge s the older 1,it is death.

Back
Top Bottom