BR Male or female.

This is him:)

@donrae it probably looks pullet because my flash covers the red based comb. I can try and get a better photo without the flash if that would help. If this is a pullet that would be great news!! Also he/she is 2 days shy of 6 weeks.

looks pullet to me as well..However, she/he is a bit light in color for a female.( That could also be the photo quality.) DO you have any more BR to compare her/him too? if you do and they appear darker in color than yes I'd agree it's male. male BR have a double gene that gives them a more grey appearence, females have a single of this gene giving them a more black appearence.on camera the bird is showing lighter but it could just be the photo or flash making the color appear that way in the picture. Besides the lighter more grayish color that would indicate a male the birds features look pullet. The comb is NOT showing up red. However if the comb IS red in person along with the light grey color then yes the birds definitely male. in the photo the comb shows pink making it look more pullet. if you could get a better photo showing the comb the way it looks in reality it would be a big help. it also has lighter legs from what I see in the photo no dark staining, that points to male as well. are the legs as light as they appear? maybe another pic will help.

looks pullet to me as well..However, she/he is a bit light in color for a female.( That could also be the photo quality.) DO you have any more BR to compare her/him too? if you do and they appear darker in color than yes I'd agree it's male. male BR have a double gene that gives them a more grey appearence, females have a single of this gene giving them a more black appearence.on camera the bird is showing lighter but it could just be the photo or flash making the color appear that way in the picture. Besides the lighter more grayish color that would indicate a male the birds features look pullet. The comb is NOT showing up red. However if the comb IS red in person along with the light grey color then yes the birds definitely male. in the photo the comb shows pink making it look more pullet. if you could get a better photo showing the comb the way it looks in reality it would be a big help. it also has lighter legs from what I see in the photo no dark staining, that points to male as well. are the legs as light as they appear? maybe another pic will help.

This flash really makes him look pullet, but I'm 99.9% sure he is infact a rooster. He is very gray in person and has bright red combs coming in. He has longer, pointier spur bumps than all of my other pullets. Even though I'm pretty certain he's roo, I'll post a pic of him in a half hour.

Also, I must add that his legs are actually fairly dark in person. Dark streaks run along the toes and legs. Just a little dark. If you go on the last page you will see I posted a picture of his legs.

Back
Top Bottom