Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
Can I get some opinions on my pullets? In the third picture I don't think she is wide enough. Her tail looks pointed too. But in the other pictures I think the width is decent. I would like to hear some opinions

Nice, especially for a pullet. Her tail is a bit peaked, but she looks to carry good width all the way back. No such thing as a "perfect" bird. Side and rear photos would help for a more complete evaluation.

Tim

You can really see the difference in the width of the back ends in the first picture. My favorite pullet is the one on the right. They are pretty hard to get a good picture of, I might have to set them on a table toget some better pictures. Excuse the dirty butts please!

Nice top-lines, the one does have better width from the rear view. Compare them to the "ideal" bird in my avatar. Pretty correct type. Do you have a male?

Tim

I got them from a man at the Dayton fancy feathers swap in eaton ohio. I forgot to ask his name. It was like 6 in the morning, my brain wasn't working yet. :p If anyone knows a breeder near eaton that is probably him!

I do not have a male yet, I'm just starting on my flock. I am in college so I have to keep the birds at my mothers house and she is not too fond of the idea of having a giant cock. (She says the noise will wake her up, but I am starting to think she is scared of males for some reason) I am slowly convincing her to get one though.

Hi, I posted this on Backyard Brahmas but got no answers. Would someone be kind enough to help.

Thanks,

Hi,

I am new to Brahmas and got my first chicks 10 days ago. They were sold to me as Light but are different colors. Kindly advise based on pictures. They also seem to be playfully aggressive to each other since day 1. Is it normal behavior for Brahmas?
Lastly 3 of them have grown tail feathers already and one (Chewie) has not. Chewie also has a taller stance. Could he be a rooster?

Thanks everyone for their input in advance,

Here are the pics:

1. Chewie

2. Cutie

3. Sapphire and Sleepy

Back
Top Bottom