Brahma Chicks? Help!

Nettieb413

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 11, 2013
Cecil County Maryland
Do all brahma chick's have feathers on their feet and legs when hatched? I ordered dark, light and buff brahmas and only 1 has feathers on her legs. I also ordered a light brahma roo and he looks like a lighter chipmunk color and no feathers. I'm convinced I did not get the correct chicks. I ordered from my feed store who orders from Mt healthy hatchery. I called the Feed store to see if they had any chicks with feathered legs and they said there is one they have so I know I have at least one of a breed I didn't order and they have one of my Brahmas. This has been a tad stressful and I don't want to stress my babies out either. I'm gong to post a couple of pictures. Thank you!

This lady above I am unsure of but looks similar to the roo they sent me (pic below)

This girl above is the only one with feathers.

This guy above is suppose to be a light brahma rooster.

Could this lady above be a Brahma with no feathers?

Any help would be appreciated!

Do all brahma chick's have feathers on their feet and legs when hatched? I ordered dark, light and buff brahmas and only 1 has feathers on her legs. I also ordered a light brahma roo and he looks like a lighter chipmunk color and no feathers. I'm convinced I did not get the correct chicks. I ordered from my feed store who orders from Mt healthy hatchery. I called the Feed store to see if they had any chicks with feathered legs and they said there is one they have so I know I have at least one of a breed I didn't order and they have one of my Brahmas. This has been a tad stressful and I don't want to stress my babies out either. I'm gong to post a couple of pictures. Thank you!

This lady above I am unsure of but looks similar to the roo they sent me (pic below)

This girl above is the only one with feathers.

This guy above is suppose to be a light brahma rooster.

Could this lady above be a Brahma with no feathers?

Any help would be appreciated!

Only the 2nd one looks like a brahma, the rest look like EE with those puffy cheeks. Also all my brahmas had feathers at day one but I'm assuming with some hatcheries, their chickens might not as they aren't breed for looks but for egg production and meat production. He does sorta like light but with the lighting of the picture it almost resembles a buff.

Are you guys sure the second one looks like light brahma? I just have some supposed light brahma chicks hatched. It has feathered legs. It is pure white/yellow color. The same with my Buff laced brahmas too. Either #2 is not a brahma, or my chicks are not brahmas?

Are you guys sure the second one looks like light brahma? I just have some supposed light brahma chicks hatched. It has feathered legs. It is pure white/yellow color. The same with my Buff laced brahmas too. Either #2 is not a brahma, or my chicks are not brahmas?

If that baby chick is black with a grayish smokey edge with yellow underbelly and white in the wing tips, then it's a light brahma. All lights start out blackish in color. Buffs start out blackish with gold edges and a yellow underbelly, and finally the dark brahmas, they are somewhat grayish in color with a white underbelly. This is how I have always been able to tell mine apart when they are to young to know anything else. Hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom