Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here are my Dark Brahma chicks all except my bantie come from Fowlvisions.

Brahmas001.jpg
Chick 1
Brahmas002.jpg
Chick 2
Brahmas003.jpg
Chick 3
Brahmas004.jpg
Chick4
Brahmas005.jpg
Chick5
Brahmas006.jpg
Chick 6
Brahmas007.jpg
Chick 7
Buff Brahma 3 months old sex idea?
Brahmas008.jpg

Brahmas009.jpg

Brahmas010.jpg

I'd say give it a few more weeks before you're going to be sure on how they'll feather out for sure, its usually the breast and hackle feathers that tell me male/female in darks... #6 looks like its feathering in with those chest feathers a girl.

The buff, I'm going to say at this point looks like a girl, but I wouldn't stake nothing on it lol

Carole has nice stock...

the Buff has a nice brow for that age - not into Buff Brahmas, but that's a cute bird.

Chicks 1, 3, 4 & 5 have better heads already than 2 & 6 - but I was told they change. In the Handbook some breeders cull at this age for head shape, but I wouldn't. Cute chicks. GOOD LUCK WITH THEM.

They are georgous birds I'm hoping the buff is a girl compared to my hatchery brahma ugly thing totally miscolored this chick is MASSIVE but so are the dark chicks. Is it me or are brahma chicks as big as they are just whiney little things this buff screams around all the time so did my hatchery brahma little vultures.

Anyone else have any gender opinions on all the birds I'd be interested in hearing.

63546_newest_024.jpg
my beloved horribly colored light hatchery roo GOOSE

He isnt a show Brahma, but he is still a Brahma - some of the best chickens are not show chickens. Like him for what he is - I would keep him with a nice flock of layers and enjoy him because he is a Brahma. I think he is pretty...NOT correct, but a pretty bird. I loved my hatchery Brahmas, but when I wanted to start showing, I had to get different birds. My show Brahmas are jewels and I love them, but their personalities are exactly the same as the hatchery birds I liked originally - if they had not been, I would have looked for a different breed.

Enjoy him, if you really dont like him that much cull him, our young Brahma roos (about his age) were really excellent roasting birds.

5 days until my Pyle X Partridge Cross chicks should hatch. I can see them in there!! Also started collecting regular Partridge and Dark eggs for the next Hatch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom