Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ours free range to a point on our 4 acres, of which only 2 is mowed. We have mulberry trees, an apple tree and many spruce, walnut and other trees plus tall grass that's holds bugs n such.

After introducing my new babies to the flock they started venturing out more. The babies are excellent foragers. They're not brahmas, they're 3 other breeds. The brahmas will b a year old next month.

Our property is about 1/3 of an acre. So sadly I don't have much space . But I think we are doing OK so far.

LOL @ 'and so it begins' and LOL @ Tim charging $.50

I just can't get over the deep sounds this guy makes! LIke OMG! He's so musically inclined and sounds beautiful! I could sit on my porch swing sipping on a glass of country time lemonade and listen to a whole chorus of them!.....sigh...

LOL @ 'and so it begins' and LOL @ Tim charging $.50

I just can't get over the deep sounds this guy makes! LIke OMG! He's so musically inclined and sounds beautiful! I could sit on my porch swing sipping on a glass of country time lemonade and listen to a whole chorus of them!.....sigh... 

Funny. Half the time I want ours to shut up!! He's better now that he's getting older (almost a year) but still annoying. If there were more than one I think I'd like it more.

we have a trio of Dark Brahma Bantams, 2 pair of Buff Brahma Bantams and a few extra cockerels. A pair of Buff/Gold laced Brahmas, 7 Blue Columbian Brahmas. Oh and a pair of Partridge Brahmas.

Heh how old are yours? Mine are about 4 weeks.

If only they would let me take pictures XD

Those 3 are around 5 months. The chicks are are 5 & 7 weeks

question?
I have read the reviews on the brahma and have not seem comments on the breed to venture out of the coop and free range.
read about one that had his stand at the feeder.
Please respond if you have had experience.

I have a buff I have to go in the coop and pick her up and take her outside she won't even go into the run area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom