Brain Trauma

ButtonquailGirl14

Crossing the Road
Jul 13, 2017
Northport WA
Hey Flock! As some of you know, I have had a sick\injured chicken for a couple months now. Junie baby (Juniper) has expirenced many symptoms including: dizzyness\loss if balance, loss of appetite, facial swelling, drowsiness, and depression-like attitude. Over the last few months she has been "diagnosed" with anything from Marecks Disease, Upper Resperatory disease, to just being hot.. I Greatly appreciate the responses and time put into her from you guys, but I believe (because I have explored and treated every option) that she has expirenced head trama. Why this is my diagnosis: (in order of events) Unbalanced, then loss of appetite, then not being able to focus, finally facial swelling. Also no otherbirds in the flock are expiriencing these symptoms. She currently has only 3 symptoms, facial swelling, loss of appetite\not engaging in feeding, and generally just seeming "gazed".... I have been force feeding her every night, and checking on her throughout the day, but if you have any thoughts, feel free to share them! Unfortunately I feel this is not going to get better:(

I read that Benadryl doesn't help chickens because they don't exhibit a histamine response to insect stings the way people do. Can anyone verify if this is correct?

Also, sorry your girl is in such rough shape. Has her condition declined over time, or is it just kinda holding steady at not very good?

Back
Top Bottom