Brand new baby girls

FingerLakesChick

Songster
12 Years
Mar 14, 2007
Western New York
Picked up my first ever baby chicks this morning at the local feed store. They had arrived via USPS first thing this a.m. When I got there I knew all was well because the store had well over 300 chicks and they were all eating, drinking and jumping around. They picked out my 9 girls for me; 2 RIR, 3 L. Brahamas, 2 Black Giants, 1 Aracauna and 1 White Rock. Well I am in LOVE!! They are just the sweetest little things I ever saw... and they are loving!! Plus they are drinking their water, and eating like little piggies and pooping up a storm. LOTS OF POOP!! WOW!! No pasty hinders at all... and all soooo lively! They're sleeping right now... all of them.

What's up with the leg stretching? That is too funny!! Must be because they've all been squished inside eggs for so long? LOL

Today is a good day!!

Congratulations on your new babies!

My babies do that also and I'm not sure why?! *scratches head* Mine do the leg/wing stretch combo!
smile.png

I have 24 chicks that are 3 weeks old today!!!!
big_smile.png
Mine stretch their legs and wings all the time. I have an eight year old cockatiel bird and he does it. I read that when cockatiels do it, it means they're comfortable and happy. Maybe it's the same for chickens.

Good luck with your babies!
smile.png

Mine (1 week old today) do the leg-wing stretch too! It's so funny because they have so few feathers on those wings, it's almost like they're trying to stretch until some feathers pop out, LOL! Congrats on your new chicks!

Thank you! I'd like to think they do it because they're happy and content. They look it!! I want to be a stay at home chicken farmer but, darn it I have to go back to work tomorrow!! OH!! I almost forgot! They caught a bug today!! They are such ferocious hunters!!

Back
Top Bottom