Brand New chicken mommy!!!!

Mandymade

Hatching
May 4, 2015
I am thrilled to find this site because I am very new to this! We got 5 hens and a rooster for our backyard. We live in a neighborhood in the middle of a pretty large city. They lived in my room for 4 weeks and we pot them out in their new home last week which had been a little challenging.

well hello and
welcome-byc.gif

congrats on your new flock and this is a great place to be lots of info and advise with great people
Check out the learning center https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center for valuable info

Once you have your own eggs there is no turning back, pretty soon you won't be able to eat commercial eggs. Good luck with your new chickens

I am so sorry that I wasn't able to read the replies to my posts because I wasn't aware of how all of this works, I'm only just now reading these messages from 6/15. All my 6 hens are finally laying, 5 of them laid at 20 weeks BUT the last one started laying this week. They were all born on same day and all started laying within 3 days of each other except 1 hen. Her name is Chicka! We waited thru 7 months and 8 months and then 9 and then all of a sudden she squatted for me!!!! I was in shock and her comb and wattles started growing and getting red and all of a sudden, today we finally had 6 eggs in one day so we know that finally all 6 are laying. Its so sweet and beautiful. We loved her before but now she's super specia. We have no idea why she didn't lay until she was 10 months old. Any explanations??????

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to our community - great to have you onboard. Re: late layers - some are just like that - them's chickens for ya!

All the best
CT

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. I'm a bit late, but better than never. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom