brand new

Mis pollitos

Songster
11 Years
Oct 5, 2012
Stillwater, Minnesota
Just starting the process of possibly getting chickens.... doing research, learning what I need, etc. Thinking of starting in the spring, as MN in the fall may not be the best time to start on this new adventure! Any advice and suggestions would be very much appreciated!

well ya came to the right place. ask away, we love to talk chickens here. :)

Hello and welcome! I'm new to chickens, too. We have a small flock of 4 chicks that are 5 weeks old. We live in Oregon, so I'm probably not much help to you because we have fairly mild winters (thank goodness!). I'm sure someone will chime in soon, though. Do you have any specific questions?

I live about 90 miles from Minneapolis. All depending on where you live it could be getting cold soon or really cold(if you live on the plains) :D Its a good idea to wait till spring. There are so many good threads on here,. I would suggest just start looking around and asking questions. There is also a learning section. Happy to have you.

Hi and :welcome

We have started raising chickens in winter before, but spring's a safe bet. Spring's coming round pretty fast now anyhow (much to my surprise :lol:)
Good luck, and I hope you find all the info you need here! :D

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom