Breed and gender help

shorechickies

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 2, 2016
Ohio
Can anyone help? I have no idea the breed/gender these two were mystery chicks:

This red first one in the front- I'm thinking maybe RSL pullet but really not sure:

The second is this white one, I thought leghorn but s(he) has a really wide chest:

(Same bird on the right)

They are about 6.5 weeks old now. Thanks in advance for any help!
263a.png

Last edited:
The easiest way to tell a chicken is a rooster is that they start crowing. Another way that could help is the size of combs and wattles. The best thing to do is to wait untill they are older.

The easiest way to tell a chicken is a rooster is that they start crowing. Another way that could help is the size of combs and wattles. The best thing to do is to wait untill they are older.

Absolutely, I'm not so much worried if they are pullets or cockerels but really wondering what breed they might be...

I would say the red one is a production red of some sort, and the white one may be a white Plymouth Rock. Are the earlobes white or red/pink? White would mean leghorn, red would mean white Plymouth rock.

I would say the red one is a production red of some sort, and the white one may be a white Plymouth Rock. Are the earlobes white or red/pink? White would mean leghorn, red would mean white Plymouth rock.

Thank you! I will check the earlobes today.

Back
Top Bottom