Breed guesses for week olds ~pic heavy~

Smallfarminwisc

In the Brooder
May 26, 2016
These babies are from cackle hatchery. I requested a catalog to help identify but I didn't get it.
idunno.gif
I may have requested it to late. SO any help is appreciated! they are a week old in these pics. Sorry they are not the best pics I was checking them each for pasty butt so they each got picked up looked over snapped a pic and put in a crate while I checked them all out and cleaned the brooder. to reduce stress I was trying to do it as fast as possible. I got the hatchery special and 15 from their rainbow pullets package.
these are the "patterned" chicks

23 I got 3 of these lil guys!

More coming in next post

Thanks alex!!!
Some Barred Rocks and Easter Eggers in there, but for sure, 13 is a Spitzhauben, and 16 is a Fayoumi.

~Alex
Easter eggers have the puffier cheeks??? and the barred rocks are black and white with no white around the eyes right? The ones with white are either jerseys or marans? I am hoping marans, but I am often wrong. I AM SO excited for my Fayoumi I thought that's what it was but sometimes I convince myself that they are the breed I want just cause I want them so bad! I've been told I can not keep all 69 so I am trying to decide which ones I want maybe one of each kind at least. Im a chicken hoarder I have a problem. thank you for your input!

Thank you chicken nanny! Thats my problem I don't know all the breeds. I tend to second guess myself and third and fourth guess until I am utterly confused.

These are my yellow chicks. :/ I dunno how you can tell some of these apart breed wise. I am just no good at it.

7 I got 3 top hats so YAY!

23 These were the last three I was catchign to put in the crate right before my battery was goign to die so I just shot a group pic. There were 3 ducks in the surprise package too :D

Last post are my feathered Footed :D

Some of them have wet feet unfortunately they were not happy about being moved for a brooder cleaning and ran through the water dish.

Thanks alex!!!
Easter eggers have the puffier cheeks??? and the barred rocks are black and white with no white around the eyes right? The ones with white are either jerseys or marans? I am hoping marans, but I am often wrong. I AM SO excited for my Fayoumi I thought that's what it was but sometimes I convince myself that they are the breed I want just cause I want them so bad! I've been told I can not keep all 69 so I am trying to decide which ones I want maybe one of each kind at least. Im a chicken hoarder I have a problem. thank you for your input!

Thank you chicken nanny! Thats my problem I don't know all the breeds. I tend to second guess myself and third and fourth guess until I am utterly confused.

Yeppers, the puffy cheekies, rainbow colors, and green legs indicate EEs!
smile.png
And yes, Barred Rocks are the yellow-legged, dark gray/black chickies with a white splotch on the head. I'll admit, I'm a little afraid to guess on the light-colored ones because they could be so many things and I'm not an expert.
lol.png

Awwwwww....I'm really excited for you! Our two Fayoumis are stunning.
love.gif

You're so welcome! I would love to be able to tell you what they all are, but as I can't, I want to help any way I can.

~Alex

Yeppers, the puffy cheekies, rainbow colors, and green legs indicate EEs!
smile.png
And yes, Barred Rocks are the yellow-legged, dark gray/black chickies with a white splotch on the head. I'll admit, I'm a little afraid to guess on the light-colored ones because they could be so many things and I'm not an expert.
lol.png

Awwwwww....I'm really excited for you! Our two Fayoumis are stunning.
love.gif

You're so welcome! I would love to be able to tell you what they all are, but as I can't, I want to help any way I can.

~Alex
hmm, green legs...
WHY didnt I notice green legs HAHAHA. thats funny.
I am very excited for the Fayoumis too! So is my Bf he is actually Egyptian and says he knows the breed well and said they are good chickens! I told him he cannot eat it -.- . Kind of wish I got more then one, but I am quite happy with the variety.
Thank you so much for the tips though they really help. I am going to have to write a list and take it out to the barn with me its just those dang yellow ones. Im thinking of keeping one of each breed. But my luck Ill keep all the roos.
barnie.gif
My first chicks were silkies all 3 roo's. THe first time I hatched the entire hatch was roo's. Im good at getting 100% roo's.

Back
Top Bottom