Breed of bantam?

Carla474

Hatching
Jul 3, 2015
Hey all,
I'm new to this site. We bought some bantams in February (4 1/2 months ago) from our local feed store. They were all mixed, so I couldn't tell what we were getting. I've identified all of them except one. She has 5 toes and is feather-legged. However, she doesn't look like a Faverolles or a Cochin. Any ideas?

She's a pretty bird!

I'm not sure what breed she is. I know some hatcheries sell mix-breed bantams. The 5 toes is confusing, since only a few breeds actually have those. I have a lot of silkie mixes and I think they all have 5 toes, which means its a dominant gene (if you breed a chicken without 5 toes to a chicken with 5 toes than all the chicks should have 5 toes).

If you figure out what it is, I'd love to know!

Best of luck!

She's a pretty bird!

I'm not sure what breed she is. I know some hatcheries sell mix-breed bantams. The 5 toes is confusing, since only a few breeds actually have those. I have a lot of silkie mixes and I think they all have 5 toes, which means its a dominant gene (if you breed a chicken without 5 toes to a chicken with 5 toes than all the chicks should have 5 toes).

If you figure out what it is, I'd love to know!

Best of luck!
x2

Back
Top Bottom