Breed question...

I got a couple of chicks labeled RIR from TSC, who uses Townline up here. They too were extremely close to type. Shocking really. Deep shiny red, yellow legs, close to brick shape body. Extraordinary for hatchery chicks. Most hatchery birds shown here that were sold as RIR as so far from type as to be farther away from a true RIR as a Leghorn.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Well, ok, exaggerated a bit there.

Even though this is a very old posting, contrary to what almost everyone thinks, and says repeatedly, ALL NEW HAMPSHIRES ARE NOT RED..There is a white variety with several breeders in Germany and a new Blue Tinged variety also in Germany, and maybe in the USA.....I have a Murray McMurray chick catalog from 1956-57 with a picture of New Hampshire Whites ...The material states that some people with livability problems with the Red Hamps should try the whites...Now, the confusion comes from the Whites and others not being in the Standard of Perfection....The whites may be non-existent in the USA...

I have a New Hampshire Red, she is 30 wks old and is the only hen out of 5 (same age different breeds) who has not started laying eggs.
barnie.gif
Has anyone else had this problem with this breed?

Back
Top Bottom