Breed?

Sh-chick

Chirping
Aug 13, 2019
I just received this chicken from my neighbor. It's a rooster, but I was wondering if anyone knows what breed he is?
Resized_20230218_132148_246394160056787.jpeg

Where, in general, are you located? Different breeds are more or less common in different countries.

Since he has yellow skin and what may be a rose comb (Can you get clear close-up photos of the comb?), I'm inclined to think that he's a Columbian Wyandotte.

But if the comb turns out to be more of a pea comb than a rose then he could be some kind of mixed breed.

Ooh. I’ve seen those. I think it might be a Delaware ? Maybe a Brahma.

Both of those look similar to OP's bird, but neither one is quite right.

A Brahma would have feathered legs.

A Delaware would have a single comb, and would have white barring visible across the black parts.

I agree with @3KillerBs that if it has a rose comb, and if it is in the USA, Columbian Wyandotte is most likely. I don't know enough about common breeds in other countries to make guesses about them.

Honest question, are we sure that his comb isn't a single comb that was lost to frost bite?
I wondered about that, but he still cannot be a Delaware because he doesn't have the white barring.

If he did have a single comb, he might be a Columbian Rock (Plymouth Rock breed, Columbian color pattern.)

Back
Top Bottom