Breed?

Goatlover09

Chirping
Aug 8, 2023
hey! i have a mixed breed roo i got last year. he was supposed to be a cream legbar but he looks as if he may be somthing else. i think he may be a crele or bielefelder but i had a poultry show judge say he was a barred rock cross. any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-13 1.46.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-13 1.46.12 PM.png
    365.7 KB · Views: 40
hey! i have a mixed breed roo i got last year. he was supposed to be a cream legbar but he looks as if he may be somthing else. i think he may be a crele or bielefelder but i had a poultry show judge say he was a barred rock cross. any ideas?
He looks very Leghorn.
Where did you get him?

He could be colored egger of some kind, with Leghorn influence.
Or with Cream Legbar ancestry.

Or he may even be a hatchery-quality Cream Legbar (assuming that "hatchery quality" covers quite a few possible wrong traits.) He does have the right comb type, the right leg color, the right general body shape, the barring, and the color under the barring is at least vaguely similar to what a Cream Legbar ought to have.

Or with Cream Legbar ancestry.

Or he may even be a hatchery-quality Cream Legbar (assuming that "hatchery quality" covers quite a few possible wrong traits.) He does have the right comb type, the right leg color, the right general body shape, the barring, and the color under the barring is at least vaguely similar to what a Cream Legbar ought to have.
But single Barred, Legbar roosters should be double.

He looks a bit like my pure bred cream legbar, your one has very nice colours. It's a pity I had to sell him as he's quite aggressive the guy who bought him said he'd give me some of his pullets next year if I wanted
20240208_193654.jpg

Back
Top Bottom