Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
I cant believe how accurate I was to their hatch date. She's broken through the shell and chirping loudly especially when she hears my voice. I cant wait to see her/him.

Yes Willie is barred Heliotrope is not barred but has the white and brown mixture Willie has on his back and I should correct what I said I don't like barred chickens I love my black barred Muscovies because of they way it comes out in patches
The barring is not one of my favorite looks either...lol. I do like the mix on Willie though with the brown, I am finding that I like the "calico" I have no idea what you call it in chicken terms...lol

Thanks. I just love Angel's coloring she such a beautiful bird. I've started mixing my flock but honestly the incubator process in a little intimidating. Like what do I do about humidity while hatching? I couldn't find a humidity meter anywhere. And when do I take the little ventilation plugs out ?

Yeah I like calico coloring as well which I'm not sure what you would call it

And luckily I know a lot about humidity and hatching I've killed a lot of eggs because I didn't have a hygrometer(humidity meter) and my humidity was only 27% :th so they kept growing up till the first two weeks then they would die I couldn't figure out why then I started candling and saw that the air cell was way too big I knew then it was the humidity and since I got my hygrometer I've been fine you have to keep the eggs around 58%-60% and on the last three days about 65% and all the way till the last three days you only keep one air plug in then on the last three days you leave both out i hope I made sense if not ask away I would love to help :D

I did the dry incubation on the last hatch and loved it!! I just monitored the air cells real close to make sure they were growing at the right rate then upped the humidity at lockdown to keep it above 70 (by my hygrometer, but it is not calibrated.) I also have my vents open the whole time. You can find all kinds of hygrometers on ebay. :) I really want to breed Angel with David and try to get a whiter turken.

So much easier with a broody I can tell you and a lot cheaper too.
I have a feeling that another dominant trait that Tasha will have passed on is broodiness and I am going to be overrun with hens wanting to incubate eggs next year. Hope I'm wrong as two broodies are more than enough for my needs!

@mommaduck2014

Happy Birthday from me too! I hope your present unwraps itself safely and turns out to be a pullet. It sounds like a cute mix.

Back
Top Bottom