Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
To be honest, I didn't set out to buy an araucana. My partner has a friend who is a poultry auctioneer and he knew I was expanding my flock and rang us up and said she was there and no one had bid on her and I could have her for £5. She's a scruffy dirty white with the odd black fleck and doesn't lay blue eggs and was totally wild when I first got her and wouldn't roost in the stable with the other hens. She preferred to spend the first few weeks up in the rafters of the tractor shed. Since she has successfully raised two large broods, she has become much more tame and she is such a wonderful mother hen that I have totally forgiven her for not being what she was supposed to be and she has really won my heart. I had never seen a chicken with a moustache before, so of course she had to be named Tasha. Now thanks to her I have half a flock of moustachioed hens!!! 

Have you got a photo of your Wyandotte/sizzle polish cross. That sounds like a crazy mix and then to throw in the ameraucana as well, should produce some interesting individuals! 

I've got a photo now he's preening himself but here he is......hang on my computer is uggg

@rebrascora

Ok here is one of my Wyandotte/polish/sizzle mix he didn't get a crest his mom has one though she's on the left her name is Wilda and Heliotrope her son is on the right and in the back is one of my other mixes I don't breed her though she has a crooked beak her name is Oreo

----------------

@peep peep peep

Awesome do you breed them!?!?

Heliotrope has feathers on his legs from his mom but you can't see either of their feathered legs because their all muddy Wilda is polish/silkie/frizzle and some other breeds I don't know of she's a true mutt!

They should not be fighting those are calmer breeds I've owned both if those except the sex link but I've owned RIR which are close hmmmm how many hens do they have? And how much room?

Back
Top Bottom