Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
Oh I've seen that movie it's pretty good
big_smile.png
Yes, it is awesome.
Btw, I do love the avatar pic...lol

This thread will most likely be very slow until this spring when I start up my incubator hope you can understand but so far my flock is very cold and it's very muddy!

Same weather conditions here! But I'm hoping to try incubating in February for my first barnyards! Fingers crossed I can get my ladies to lay some eggs then (I only have one of four currently laying). I don't know if I'll be able to wait until February - I'm terrible at waiting, just like a five year old. :)

I think my patience level has risen but I still am very impatient I've got 5 hens 0 laying :/ and when they do my turkey hen eats them if I don't get to them first and in these temperatures I don't want to even try raising chicks I did last winter pheww that was a mess they all lived but it just increased the labor

That was my issue - I realized that if I tried hatching next month, any that actually made it would be ready for flock integration during the wettest month here. And that sounded like a bad idea to me, especially since I'm already having a bit of a difficult time keeping my current flock dry & happy. :) Today was definitely a nice but painful reminder that waiting would be a very good idea.

Yeah I understand my flock is very unhappy the temps are real low for where i live so nobody wants out of the coop but at the same time they want a bit of freedom

Can anyone tell me what the value of 4 week old straight run mix breeds should be? I've got a pile of em. Wondering what to sale them for? Been trying to give them away to friends with no luck. What's the best avenue to peddle these things?

I think my patience level has risen but I still am very impatient I've got 5 hens 0 laying
hmm.png
and when they do my turkey hen eats them if I don't get to them first and in these temperatures I don't want to even try raising chicks I did last winter pheww that was a mess they all lived but it just increased the labor
OMG. I will never hatch at the beginning of winter again, unless I'm hatching for someone else...lol I do hope to be able to do an Easter hatch, but I really want to find good quality show girl eggs for it. If not than I probably will get another couple barnyard mixes and see what I get. Then about the time they are hatching I will be finishing the coop and run and these guys will be headed for the great outdoors and brooders will be free.

Back
Top Bottom