Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
Well I've had 3 of my 4 barnyard mix eggs hatch today. I have 2 roosters, 1 is a White Chantecler & the other is a Sicilian Buttercup. I have no idea "Who's the Daddy" so to speak. 1 baby is from a White leghorn/RIR mom, 1 is from a leghorn mom & the 3rd is from a BR mom. Will post some pictures when I can remove them from the bator & let them dry. Pretty amazing for these eggs. I had did a Christmas hatch-a-long. When day 18 rolled around I placed those eggs into another bator for lockdown. The 6 younger eggs stayed in my new Janoel incubator that I got this past spring. I had only did 1 hatch with it. About day 16 on the Christmas eggs, the turner started to make a funny noise every so often. I had a batch of very big eggs that were shipped to me in there and I figured it was because of those. Chicks started hatching & I never thought about it again. Every few days I had to add just a tiny bit of water to the incubator & each time the trays were always leaning to the right. Didn't think much about it cuz I knew it rotated from side to side normally. Then on day 13 when I added water the turning trays were still leaned to the right. Made me curious so I asked someone on here how often my model of Janoel rotated. I was told every 2 hours so I started checking it every 2 hours. Did that for 3 rotations & it never moved. I put the eggs into my other incubator & started monkeying around with it, but it never worked. So for 13 days these eggs were never turned & they still hatched.

Wow! That's quite interesting that's the most important time too! I'm glad to hear it went well though! Love the mixes! Can't wait for some pics too! :D

You cant always count on crowing I have a silver laced wyndotte hen thats about a year old that crows with my big bar rock roos

Back
Top Bottom