Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
Hatching chicks was the worst idea I have ever had. I have 36 chicks and I'm wanting to hatch more. And I've been planning what breeds I want to add this spring since December
he.gif
Chicken math is horrible. But this is how I see it:

38 chickens = 36 chicks, 1 pullet/hen, and one rooster.

The chicks are the offspring of that roo, and some that hen. So to avoid inbreeding/line breeding. I need to get rid of the roo. Plus I already have a plan for what breed roos I want this go round.

So 38 - 1 roo = room for new roosters.

Then the cockerel chicks will be eaten and so they will need their own coop thing. Spare coop = Room for first time breeding projects for me. And people say 50/50 on the genders. So logically I would have 18 pullets(probably less though) and 18+ Roos.

And then I'll add other chicks and hatch more. So like back up to 36 xD And, I'll go through the pullets and watch their personalities and keep the good ones and sell the unkind ones.

I apologizes if this doesn't make sense
lau.gif

Hatching chicks was the worst idea I have ever had. I have 36 chicks and I'm wanting to hatch more. And I've been planning what breeds I want to add this spring since December :he   Chicken math is horrible. But this is how I see it:

38 chickens = 36 chicks, 1 pullet/hen, and one rooster.

The chicks are the offspring of that roo, and some that hen. So to avoid inbreeding/line breeding. I need to get rid of the roo. Plus I already have a plan for what breed roos I want this go round.

So 38 - 1 roo = room for new roosters.

Then the cockerel chicks will be eaten and so they will need their own coop thing. Spare coop = Room for first time breeding projects for me. And people say 50/50 on the genders. So logically I would have 18 pullets(probably less though) and 18+ Roos.

And then I'll add other chicks and hatch more. So like back up to 36 xD And, I'll go through the pullets and watch their personalities and keep the good ones and sell the unkind ones.

I apologizes if this doesn't make sense :lau

I am just gonna say good luck!

I'm getting super excited/nervous to start my incubator! As soon as my Phoenix bantam eggs arrive, I'm sticking them in with a few of my Silver SebrightxGolden Polish eggs & seeing what happens. I almost wasn't going to try hatching since I'm having to take time off work due to brain trauma I received in a car accident last year (& that will equal a pay cut), but the breeder selling the eggs was selling at a great price. My mom talked me into continuing with the hatch since Phoenix bantams are one of the bantam breeds I want to start breeding & because we're both super curious what the barnyard mix chicks will look like. If all goes well, the incubator will start up in a week or two! I hope I can get some of each to hatch!

Back
Top Bottom